Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Traveler's Advice #1

Instead of Doing Dishes has learned a lot over the past year.  Some things I feel may be helpful to fellow travelers.  As I lay in a hotel bed last night, in a town I had not planned on being in, I decided I should share things we have learned along the way in the form of an advice column.

Here is today's tip:

When planning a weekend trip to a college town in mid-August, always call a local (that would be you Katie) and make sure that nothing big is going on (like move-in day) that would prevent you from getting a hotel room (after driving all night to get there).

There is nothing quite like showing up, exhausted to where you planned on going, and finding every room in the entire town booked.  Yes, this happened to me last night.  We had to drive an additional 30 minutes to a neighboring town to get a room.  Luckily, I knew the area, so it was not to big a deal...but I knew better.  I actually caught myself thinking about following the above advice about a week ago.  But did I? No.

I had a great visit with old friends! Who would guess we graduated together 14 years ago! Holy Cow!

Now, if only I can solve the "my children were so excited to be in a hotel they stayed up until 4 in the morning" issue, we would be all set!

Until next time,
Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment